Shroomies

How have I gone this long without posting on here? I've realised that I haven't even shared some of the new things I've been making too, so here I am to share and update you all! 
I've moved slightly away from resin, and have now been working with clay. Don't worry though, there are still a ridiculous amount of dried flowers.  

Over the past year or two I have been making little mushrooms from clay, and I've absolutely loved it! They started out a little iffy, but I've kept practicing and practicing and I'm definitely a lot better now. I've enjoyed finding different fungi online and then trying to recreate them with clay and paint. I've always loved the idea of magical forests and woodlands, which is why I wanted to try and create miniature ones inside glass domes using clay mushrooms, and lots of flowers and leaves. 


Here's a peek at what I've been making! 


When I first came across Blue Pixie Parasol mushrooms I instantly fell in love! They are absolutely gorgeous to look at, so I obviously had to try and make some, as shown in the picture below. 

Blue Pixie Parasol mushrooms 


One of my favourites to make are these beautiful and vibrant Fly Agaric mushrooms, also known as 'amanita muscaria'  

Fly Agaric mushrooms 


I also decided to make a black version of these mushrooms... just because!

Black Fly Agaric 


It has been a load of fun learning how to make these and creating teeny tiny little woodland worlds with sticks, and moss, and whatever else I can throw in there. I'm going to do some tutorials for these too if there's any interest? Let me know in the comments.

The only downside is how long these take me to make! They are super fiddly, and I am constantly supergluing things to my fingers.


I mostly use glass domes when making these. They look lovely with the glass covering, and it also keeps all the stuff on the inside safe and dust free too! 



Thank you for being here and reading this far, I really do appreciate every one of you. I hope you like some of these new designs and if you have any suggestions for different mushrooms to make please feel free to message me or leave a comment. 

Jane x

Comments

Popular posts